To Save or Register for this event, first login with your CWL.
- Best Practices in Research Data Management
- Wednesday, February 22nd, 2017 at 9:30AM - 11:00AM - This event is now over
- Type: Workshop
Research Data Workshops
Research Commons Workshops
Graduate Student Workshop Series
Koerner Library Research Commons Series
Koerner Library Research Commons
- Location: RM217
- Room Directions
- Koerner Building-Event Facilities & Labs
- Point Grey Campus
- Description: How do you manage your research data? Join us for a research data management planning workshop designed to help you incorporate best practices for data management into your own work. We will address such questions as: What file naming standard should I use? What is metadata, and how will it help me manage my data? What's a data repository, and which one should I use? Do I need permission to share my data? In addition, we will discuss critical components of data management planning, provide hands-on practice with methods to name and organize files, review data management resources, and give you a framework to develop your own data management plan. We welcome all researchers; faculty, postdocs, graduate students, and others.
- Facilitator(s): Sally Taylor, Sheryl Adam, Sheryl Adam, Eugene Barsky