To Save or Register for this event, first login with your CWL.
- R Study Group - Co-working Project
- Wednesday, February 22nd, 2017 at 3:00PM - 5:00PM - This event is now over
- Type: Workshop
- Series: Graduate Student Workshop
- Location: Room 153
- Koerner Building-Staff Board Rooms
- Point Grey Campus
- Description: Join the R Study Group and work on an ongoing group project - hone your skills in Shiny, Leaflet, API, and time series analysis.
The project is intended to be an ongoing learning opportunity. It combines four key elements:
-Shiny application development
-Leaflet mapping in R
-Statistical (time series) analysis
The app will use the Trasnlink API to search bus routes & transit hub locations to tell users whether they should 'just walk', or stay and wait for the bus. It's intended to provide a probability density function (or something) that can tell you whether, on average, your travel time is faster staying or waiting.
The repository is called ShouldIStayOrShouldIGo.
Presented by UBC's R Study Group.
- Facilitator(s): Milena Constanda, Susan Atkey