To Save or Register for this event, first login with your CWL.
-  – Librarians Improving Wikipedia
- Thursday, March 30th, 2017 at 12:45PM - 1:45PM
- Type: Workshop
Graduate Student Workshop Series
Open Education Week
- Location: Online - See Event Description
- Other (See Description)
- Description: In a time when “post-truth” politics prioritize sentiment and personal belief over facts, it is more important now than ever to support the dissemination of information with reliable and verifiable evidence. Librarians are uniquely positioned to do just that!
As fundamental allies to the mission of Wikipedia, collecting and disseminating the sum of all knowledge, librarians can support the quality of information in Wikipedia articles by including footnotes to reliable sources to allow Wikipedia readers to "verify" what they read and learn.
Join us in celebration of Open Education Week for “ – Librarians Improving Wikipedia.” For an hour we will work together to add reliable citations to Wikipedia articles. Come for as long as you can. Light snacks will be available.
No Wikipedia experience is needed. Follow this link to learn how to create a Wikipedia account
Where: Terrace Lounge, iSchool, 4th Floor IKBLC
- Facilitator(s): Erin Fields