To Save or Register for this event, first login with your CWL.
- Pixelating: A Digital Humanities Mixer : OpenRefine
- Thursday, March 30th, 2017 at 12:00PM - 2:00PM
- Type: Workshop
Research Commons Workshops
Graduate Student Workshop Series
Koerner Library Research Commons
- Location: Room 153
- Koerner Building-Staff Board Rooms
- Point Grey Campus
- Description: The Pixelating Mixer is an opportunity for DH scholars across campus to meet colleagues, talk tools, brainstorm ideas and network with others who use digital tools to explore and visualize their research.
Do you have messy text data? Does it contain a lot of spelling mistakes or variations? OpenRefine - a free, open-source tool - can help you clean your data. In this introductory session, Mimi Lam, Digital Projects Librarian, will talk about OpenRefine and how she has used it for cleaning metadata effectively.
Registration: Registration is not required, but will help us plan for space. You can RSVP online, or just drop-in to join us. As this is a brown bag session, please feel free to bring your lunch. Coffee and tea will be available.
- Facilitator(s): Susan Atkey, Larissa Ringham, Milena Constanda