To Save or Register for this event, first login with your CWL.
- Pixelating: A Digital Humanities Mixer - Co-working session
- Thursday, April 27th, 2017 at 12:00PM - 2:00PM
- Type: Workshop
Research Commons Workshops
Graduate Student Workshop Series
- Location: Room 153
- Koerner Building-Staff Board Rooms
- Point Grey Campus
- Description: The Pixelating Mixer is an opportunity for DH scholars across campus to meet colleagues, talk tools, brainstorm ideas and network with others who use digital tools to explore and visualize their research.
This session of Pixelating is an open co-working session - a time to work on DH projects and skills with others for support, both moral and technical.
During this time you might:
- work through a tutorial or training
-clean up some messy data that's been bothering you
-set up a project blog or website
-work on your metadata
-check out DH resources such as books and data sources available at UBC Library (librarians will be on hand to help out)
We provide tea and coffee, soft chairs, tables, wireless internet, and interesting people to talk to, collaborate with, and bounce ideas off of. You bring your laptops, DH projects, and ideas.
This is an open event - drop in and out as your schedule allows.
- Facilitator(s): Susan Atkey, Larissa Ringham